(708) 714-2266 or (312) 263-1252

Resources and Support Services Related to Child Custody for the State of Illinois

In the state of Illinois, regardless of whether you are seeking custody of a child in Cook County, DuPage County or Will County, these legal resources may be of assistance.


Cook County Circuit Court Forms

This webpage provides an exhaustive listing of—and access to—downloadable Cook County Circuit Court forms. Search by court division, court form number or legal form title (e.g., Custody Disclosure Statement, Temporary Custody Hearing Order).


Sample Forms from the State of IL Circuit Court of Cook County

Here you will find numerous sample forms, such as a Parenting Plan and an Allocation Judgment of Parental Responsibilities. As every case is unique, the sample forms collected by the court may not fit your circumstances exactly. The best course of action is to seek advice and assistance from an Illinois law firm like Collin Law Offices, P.C.


Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services Child Support Services

DCSS provides services to custodial and non-custodial parents by establishing paternity and establishing, enforcing and modifying child support obligations to strengthen families emotionally and financially. Apply for child support services, download forms, access case information and more through their website.


Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)

DCFS has the primary responsibility of protecting children through the investigation of suspected abuse or neglect by parents and other caregivers in a position of trust or authority over the child. If you suspect that a child has been harmed or is at risk of being harmed by abuse or neglect, call the 24-hour Child Abuse Hotline at 800-25-ABUSE (800-252-2873 or TTY 1-800-358-5117). If you believe a child is in immediate danger of harm, call 911 first.


Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Domestic Violence Victims Services

IDHS provides programs throughout Illinois to assist victims of domestic violence. These free and private services are available to Illinois residents regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, income, disability or sexual orientation. This includes a toll free, confidential and multilingual Domestic Violence Helpline that operates 24-hours-a-day: 1-877-863-6338 (Voice) or 1-877-863-6339 (TTY).


ISBA Lawyer Referral Service

The Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) has created a directory of its members who maintain professional liability insurance and are in good standing with the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission (ARDC). You can call and receive a 30-minute consultation with a lawyer for a small fee, or you can search an online directory for nearby lawyers.


Circuit Court of Cook County

The State of Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County has gathered a list of more than 10 legal associations that can provide legal services for a fee, or direct you to a lawyer who can provide you relevant legal services (also likely for a fee).


Chicago Bar Association (CBA) Lawyer Referral Service

The CBA Lawyer Referral Service has over 300 prescreened, qualified lawyers experienced in almost every area of law. If you meet with the lawyer they've referred, the lawyer will collect $30 at the initial consultation. The lawyer may also charge a fee for time/service.


DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA) Lawyer Referral Service

The DCBA Lawyer Referral Service can help connect you with an attorney who concentrates in the type of law in which you need assistance. The service offers up to 30-minute consultation with an attorney at no charge. Fees should be discussed during the consultation.


Will County Bar Association (WCBA) Lawyer Referral Program

The WCBA Lawyer Referral Service assists the general public by providing a way in which any person who can afford to pay a reasonable fee for legal services may be referred to a qualified member of the bar. All persons licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Illinois, in good standing, and who are also members of the WCBA in good standing, shall automatically constitute the voting membership of the service.



Resources and Support Services Related to Child Custody for the State of Michigan

Regardless of whether you are seeking custody of a child in Berrien County or elsewhere in Michigan, these legal resources may be of assistance.


Michigan Department of Healthcare and Human Services Child Support Services

MDHHS helps parents establish a financial partnership to support their child(ren). Visit their website to learn more about the parent, employer, hospital and school services provided by Office of Child Support.



The Michigan Department of Healthcare and Human Services created this website to help you sign up for a new child support case, view an existing case, make a child support payment, respond to a request for more information, access partner tools and more.


Michigan Department of Human Services (MDHHS) Child Abuse Hotline

One number. One call. One person can make a difference. MDHHS provides a toll-free phone number to report abuse or neglect of any child or adult. If you suspect abuse or neglect, call: 855-444-3911.


Berrien County Michigan Friend of the Court (FOC)

The FOC is part of the family division of the circuit court in each county, and is supervised by the chief judge. It investigates, reports and makes recommendations to the court on child custody, parenting time, child support, medical support and other legal matters. The FOC also provides enforcement services on existing child custody, parenting time and support orders.


State Bar of Michigan Lawyer Referral and Information Service

The State Bar of Michigan's Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS) is designed to assist members of the public who want to hire an attorney and can afford to pay for legal services. Individual referral services are broken out by county. When you contact the attorney, make sure to state that you received a referral from the State Bar of Michigan. The cost of an initial 30-minute consultation with a LRIS panel member will be no more than $20. Fees beyond the initial consultation must be negotiated with the attorney.


Legal Aid Program Search by County

If you have a legal problem in the state of Michigan and cannot afford to hire an attorney, you can contact your local legal aid office. This page features a simple search tool that helps you find legal aid by service (e.g., Family/Divorce/Custody) and county (e.g., Berrien).

Ready to Talk to a Lawyer?

Collin Law can help with your family law needs.
Contact Us